Friday, December 18, 2009

17/12/2009

Have started hanging another work from the ceiling; it is pieces of broken mirror; some smaller pieces placed in front of bigger pieces. It is aesthetically interesting, although, it perhaps needs a slight 'breeze' to give the piece some movement, which ultimately will bring the illusionism which I am trying to create. Not just illusionism, but I am trying to make work,that makes people sit up and ask questions, not just cast a quick glance over. I want to challenge peoples sense of perception; perhaps even make them ask the question: am I really here? A colleague came into my space today had a look around, and said: " It's like coming in to some kind of parallel universe here" Now that's the kind of thing I'm talking about !!!!!!!!!!!!!




No comments: