Monday, January 4, 2010

04/01/2010






First day back after the Christmas break. Started to put an undercoat on all the non-white things in the installation; it took most of the day. I have to say it is coming along very well; the second coat will finish it off nicely. Put some emulsion on the walls, where they were marked. Have started my experiments with the 'mirror faces'. Basically, just some colour to the side of a facial shape, made with charcoal , and paper mirror. It is aesthetically unusual, perhaps even a little disconcerting. Nevertheless, I believe I can make some interesting works using this method.Painted some flat colour on mirror; will also experiment with this by scraping out facial shapes, to see what effects I can achieve, and whether the mirror affects the colour, and vice versa.

No comments: