Saturday, January 10, 2009

07/01/2009




One of my colleagues obtained advertising boards with images on the them, and had finished their use of them. They were going to dispose of them, so I asked if I could have a couple of them. One was blank, the other was of an air brushed woman.(It was advertising beauty products, so naturally she was airbrushed to perfection). I am going to use the image to hopefully create a painting with a "lost" look on the face, and with muted tones, create an atmospheric, ghostly composition, (perhaps something similar to Wilhelm Sasnal's portraits) I will employ jigsaw pieces to the side of the facial image, to give some texture, but also as a reference to something not completed. (I suppose unlike the airbrushed beauty, this "lost soul" has an uncertain outcome). (Perhaps like the painting!).

No comments: