Friday, January 30, 2009

30/01/2009

Made a copy of the video I made in France, it was something that I had been meaning to do for a long time. As usual the procedure was beset with complications !!! First of all I had to get an administrators password to gain access to the DVD suite on the mac computer, this meant the usual wait for the elusive computer guy to show up, his famous last words seem to be "I'll be there in a couple of minutes". Proceeded to copy the DVD on to the mac which took time, then copied the folder on to a disc which took an eternity. When it was done, I was unable to open the folder. I asked Matt was there a problem in copying a DVD on the macs, he said there was, he told me mac do a programme called toast, which copies DVDs but (you guessed it) we don't have it ! But he told me of another programme which we do have on the PCs which copied DVDs, so went to a PC and got the job done. Now, it's strange that the programme copied the DVD but I was unable to play it on the PC! happy to say though , it did play on the mac!!! On the bright side though, it has been another good learning experience, and I will know what to do next time.
That took me up until half one, went down town to get some DVD-R's and some blank video tapes for the Berlin trip.

No comments: