Friday, October 30, 2009

30/10/2009


For reasons previously mentioned in earlier posts, as part of my studio practice, I change the layout of the space every day, and photograph the work.In some respects, it is like a daily theatrical experience. (What kind of a spectacle can I put on today.) I do not put the photos on the blogspot, I believe the  repetition would become too banal, nevertheless, in this case I will make an exception; I believe the work merits it. In continuing with the narrative of visual/perceptual confusion, I have placed the table and chair on the wall. I have photographed the piece with a person supposedly 'sleeping'  under the table. Using the person as a prop in the photograph, heightens the tension in the piece; you sense something is not quite right.











                         




No comments: