Wednesday, November 18, 2009

18/11/2009


My mirror has arrived from America. A couple of weeks back, the company who I purchased the mirror from, said that they only had one in stock, and that there was a fault in it; did I want it at a reduced rate. I said no, but it looks like they have sent it anyway; there is a pucker the whole way down the mirror. It was not caused by damage in transit, as the box was undamaged. I will have to get a replacement for it. Took some photos of it anyway, with people posing for me. An unforeseen phenomena has revealed itself, in the photographs I took. The distortion is caused by undulating the mirror, as it is pliable, and as a result, the flash from the camera 'bounces' off the mirror at different angles. This gives an 'ethereal' effect to the photographs, which I have to say, I am very happy with, I will use this as resource for paintings.























No comments: