Friday, November 20, 2009

19/11/2009

A few different people have made comments on the mirror installation; one person has said it was intimidating, another said it made them feel uneasy; it was like someone was watching them. A couple of others have said it made them feel confused, disoriented, and so forth. So, what I have to do is contextualize the work to give it some coherence; what is my point? what is the logic behind my thinking? in terms of this work, what is my "raison d'ĂȘtre"? These are indeed valid questions. Whilst there are many ideas whizzing around in my mind, I believe the answers are just brewing in my subconscious somewhere ! The point is, I need to rationalize all these thoughts and ideas, to make some kind of sense. I had a tutorial with DrKieran Cashell today, and he has given me some valuable advice and insight. It was very helpful to get this kind advice, from the perspective of an CCS lecturer.

No comments: