Monday, March 29, 2010

26/03/2010

Had a tutorial with Alan regarding the MA application; he has given me some sound advice. (As usual).I suppose the tutors gain so much more experience in artistic matters, through constantly researching artistic practice; it's great to get the benefit of their experience. Got feedback from progress review; have to say I was devastated. It was the worst review of my studio work that I have ever had in my almost 4 years of college. There seems to have been some misunderstanding on my behalf as to the requirements of this progress review; I didn't realise it was a requirement to actually show the work I was doing; I was under the misguided notion that we were just to carry on with our work as usual. As a consequence of this, the tutors were mistakenly led to believe that I had no work done, when in fact, nothing could be further from the truth. I explained this to Alan and proceeded to show him some of my work; he said he will mention this to Aine, but I will arrange an appointment with Aine after the holidays to discuss the matter with her. I suppose that was always going to be the downside of going down to Georges Quay; the tutors not being aware of the work I am doing. I will have to address this after Easter; I had originally planned on moving back to the main building after Easter any way; now this is imperative.

No comments: