Tuesday, February 10, 2009

10/02/2009

Yesterday, forgot to mention that I continued editing my video piece, also spent considerable time getting artist research. My silicone was set this morning, so it was just a matter of removing the clay, framing it up again and adding silicone to the top again. Tomorrow it should be ready for the resin, it takes 16 hours to dry. Planted the seed tonight.
Had tutorial with Alan today, it went very well. As usual with Alan, I have come away from the tutorial with a wealth of knowledge, artists, and many ideas for investigation. I mentioned in particular about a person I had heard on the radio who was using minimalist sound (Steve Reich) and that I was very interested in the kind of work he was doing, I was amazed that Alan knew of him and he too was very interested in his work. This led to a very interesting, eclectic discussion of the relational aspects of art, sound, dance, literature, healing etc. I must say I was very impressed!

No comments: