Wednesday, October 22, 2008

01/10/2008

Went to Shannon airport with Marian to get some footage for our video, there was a problem with the airport police, we had to have permission to video etc. They sent us to information, information sent us to the police, police sent us back to information, who finally came up with the idea of contacting the duty manager. The duty manager via information, told us we had to have a headed letter from the college, to confirm our intentions. Fair play to Muriel Dineen, she faxed it straight away. We got some good footage at the airport.
I was 5 minutes late back from Shannon, for Dr.Davids' lecture, I said "sorry", he replied "no problem". I was making my way to the back of the classroom to get a chair, when he said "you are 5 minutes late, yes, it is a problem" I duly turned on my heels and left the lecture. (bearing in mind , this is my third year in college, I have never missed a day or ever missed a meeting, seminar, lecture etc, and it was the first time I have ever been late fot anything)

EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON !
I went back to the studio to carry on with my work, when Alan was passing through the studio, he told me that I had a tutorial with him tomorrow, then he said we could do the tutorial now if I liked, I agreed. He spent a great deal of time with me discussing my work, and gave me some "enlightening" advice. I feel I can really move forward now, I finally understand (or at least I think I do ) what it means to be an artist ! Thanks Alan.

No comments: