Sunday, March 22, 2009

20/03/2009 contd.

My progress review went very well, I got feedback from Aine, she has given me some great advice as to what kind of direction I should consider taking with my work, it was very much appreciated. On a personal note I have to say what a marvellous bunch of people the tutors are; very professional, highly educated, and more than willing to go out of their way to help in any way they can. When I hear about other departments, It makes me realise how fortunate we are here in the painting department.
Sean Lynch (Former student, artist, and visiting artist) has studied under the tutelage of Simon Starling in Berlin, so rather than e mail Simon Starling directly about the Starling egg (I am apprehensive as to the outcome of this) I will instead write to Sean Lynch, to see what he thinks Simon Starling would make of it.I know Sean from the first year sculpture block, he is an approachable man, and I really like his work.

No comments: